Sunday 16 March 2014

Being brave.

Today is the day I become brave.

I had a drastic hair cut! (Not because I am having a mid life crisis whatever some may think!)

I will write like I am "just talking" as advised by my friend when I said how I was struggling with getting my thoughts on paper. (screen)

My struggle is that I fear I have to begin the real journey of my marathon training and the purpose of writing this blog.

To acknowledge my own feelings to the loss of my dad and motor neuron disease.

I read this quote today-

I run because I can.
When I get tired I remember those who can't run,
what they would give to have this simple gift I take for granted,
and I run harder for them.
I know they would do the same for me.

It made me cry! (again!)

I don't take running for granted as one of the reasons I started in the first place is because I realised I have a healthy body that can do amazing things. For a long time I took that for granted and wasted my potential to do amazing things and hated my body. Motor Neurone Disease can affect anyone and quite often at a young age with no warning, no effective treatment and no cure. If it can affect anyone, then one day it could affect me too. I would hate for that day to come and for me to say "I wish I had done more with my healthy body"

It makes me so sad to think that so many young people like my dad who thought they had years ahead of them had their lives ended so soon. So for every day I am able to run I am thankful. It makes the saying "life is too short to be unhappy" more meaningful.

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment